Monday, March 16, 2020

In the Time of


(For those not on social media, my announcement from Saturday.)

SLAYSIAN is postponed.

I’m so sorry, folks. It’s personally upsetting to me too, but I was in the gallery yesterday evening assigning wall space for all the artists, and while I was doing so we were listening to that day’s COVID-19 news. Our governor was practically begging folks to hunker down, and it would be irresponsible for me to go through with the show in the middle of all this. Plus, we wouldn’t be able to celebrate it with a big group of people anyway, and these artists’ work deserves that. So we’re postponing until the pandemic is over.

That said, postponement means I have hope that things will get better, and I have hope that in the near future we can put together an amazing show that everyone can come see in person.

I’ll still go forward with putting the art online in a virtual exhibition of sorts (after all, quarantine means I’ll have more time to do so).

We’re all in this together, and we’re all doing this to look out for one another. Please stay home as much as possible and as long as possible, #flattenthecurve, protect the elderly and immunocompromised, care for one another, stay healthy, stay safe, and have hope.

(P.S. As someone who’s been a [slight] germaphobe since age 10, it’s been interesting to see everyone else finally adopt all the habits I’ve always had. Even when this pandemic ends, let’s keep up with these habits! (As I keep saying, both for your sake and for your loved ones and communities.))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...