Thursday, October 10, 2013

On the Streets


Lower East Side. (Photo via Banksy's site.)

Probably my favorite piece from Banksy’s Better Out Than In residency so far. [Sunday edit: New favorite.] New Yorkers, you can find this on Ludlow between Stanton and Rivington in the LES (a.k.a. one of the neighborhoods that tried my terrible sense of direction when I ran around Manhattan with my then-untitled mapping project / numbered streets are my friends / speaking of which…)

This January, I’ll be collaborating with the Chicago Children’s Museum and doing a series of visiting artist workshops related to Dreams of a City. I always love seeing kids’ responses. Thanks to CCM for contacting me!

But before that:

  • Tonight: As previously announced, I’ve been invited to be a committee member and special guest at Meet Your Maker: Connecting Chicago Creatives, an official Chicago Artists Month event, happening at the Fulton Street Collective (where I curated Exquisite Corpse!). Come. Network.


  • Next Saturday: My incredibly inspirational friend Sophia Nahli Allison, who photographed the opening night of I CAN DO THAT (and whose texts to me during Breaking Bad I’ll miss almost as much as the show itself (raise your hand if you, too, weren’t sure whether to give a standing ovation or ugly-cry because it’s over (I did both))), will be on the panel for “Manual of Violence.” It will also be the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s Open House Chicago, which continues the following day.

In the previous post, I previewed Expo Chicago and interviewed its director. My photos from the fair, the Chicago debut of Fountain, the inaugural EDITION Chicago, and other Expo Art Week events can be viewed on Flickr and Facebook. 

I’ll leave you with some notable quotes.

“Five hundred?”
“You want how many stamps?”
“That’s a lot of stamps…”
(Or any other variation of the above.)
—Any given postal worker, to me, every other week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...