Friday, January 11, 2013

Looking ahead / back / good


Happy [belated?] New Year! 2012 will be hard to surpass (see the previous post for the year’s highlights), but I have confidence in 2013 (and, based on this alone, ‘13 has already far exceeded its predecessor / leave it to me to get wound up over Twitter / but seriously Mykki Blanco really was flawless / seriously).

More of 2012’s best: My piece on Arow Collective made it to Sixty Inches From Center’s top 10 most read articles list. Check it.

Photo by Justin Barbin, 2012.


But, as great as 2012 was, we’re (yes I’m guilty of using the royal “we” and what) hitting the ground running in 2013 and have much to look forward to: Thank you so much to the current Dreams of a City assistants. Most of whom are folks I’d never met before, eager to help with a project they’d just heard about. Chicago’s art community is truly a community, and I’m ever grateful for that. If you, too, are interested in helping out, drop me a line.

And the first art event of 2013: Exquisite Corpse performance artist and I CAN DO THAT storyteller Caitlin Bergh’s first one-woman comedy show is this Sunday, and I’m helping curate the show’s accompanying art exhibit. It’s one of Chicago Magazine’s top 5 things to do this week. Go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...