Thursday, April 23, 2015

5 highlights from the $400M collection donated to the Art Institute of Chicago


The Art Institute of Chicago.

I know, I know. In the last post I said I’d elaborate on my Hong Kong trip “in the next post.” I promise I’ll get to that within a reasonable time(Snippets from the trip are on Twitter, and all photos are on Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest.)

But! It’s time to celebrate, art lovers. The Art Institute of Chicago will receive the largest gift of art in its 136-year history: 42 internationally recognized contemporary art masterpieces, donated by local collectors and philanthropists Stefan T. Edlis and Gael Neeson. The collection will be on permanent view in early 2016. In a new post for Time Out Chicago, I’ve picked 5 highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...